Pursuing maturity and deepening our knowledge of Jesus will lead us to stability in our faith and prevent us from being led astray. False teaching is a poison and the antidote is studying the Bible. Christians are to be exposed to the truth!
The result of growing is not “look at me!” but “look at Him!”. Peter ends the letter with a doxology, a statement of praise: “To Him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity.” The result of our growth is giving glory to God. It glorifies God when we grow and when we give ourselves to the studying of His Word. Will you commit to giving glory to God this year by studying His Word?
How will you grow in 2018? Here are some ways you can bring glory to God:
- Attend Sunday School at 9:30am to be equipped to give an answer for the hope that you have
- Join us on Wednesday nights 6:15-7:15pm as we make our way through Exodus, understanding how we are to live as the redeemed people of God
- Attend both worship services at 10:45 and 5pm. The evening service is another opportunity to deepen our knowledge of Christ and give glory to God!
- Iron sharpens iron: Men’s Bible Study (1st and 3rd Sat. @8am), Tuesdays with Tonya (Ladies)
- Commit to joining a class in 2018