- To think critically about the present state of our church
- To determine biblically what makes a church effective
- To plan strategically for the next 5 years and beyond
8 components of an effective church
This section provides eight factors that we believe God causes a church to grow and to thrive. We have broken these down into two section: Our church and our community. The first is our church life at Crossroads and then our life in the community.
Authority of God’s Word
Christ exalting worship
Evangelism and Missions
5 Year Strategic Plan – these are the actions we will take or at least work towards. These goals will be reviewed minimally once a year to update progress, to change any goals as we see fit, or to cancel any goals. We do not know the future with accuracy so as the Lord leads we will follow.
- It is found to be needed a class that specifically targets new believers or those who are honestly searching/skeptical. To that end Development and implementation of a new believers or seeker class called “Getting Started” to search the basics of the Christian faith
- Development of small groups to add accountability, fellowship and encouragement to help one another share life together
- With many generations in the church there is a much needed and great opportunity for mentoring both in life experiences and in spirituality. We seek to formulate a strategy to follow Titus 2 of the older mentoring and disciple making of the younger generations.
- Explore the possibility of helping equip the church through financial support of sending of lay leaders to training through the Central District, Emerge ministries and the like.
- Develop a comprehensive and growing list of resources on our website for bible study and Christian Living
- Explore the capability of live streaming morning service for the growing number of elderly and shut ins to help them feel connected to the church in general
- Develop a quarterly prayer service with a specific focus or theme
- Consider ways to improve prayer chain
- Development of small groups committed to praying for one another and the church on a regular basis
- Prayerfully seeking to add 4 members/ families to the membership roll per year.
- Observed the need to address our process to welcome new visitors. Develop a welcome committee to review the structure and process of how we welcome new visitors
- Construct a brainstorming team and implement effective options to help assimilate new visitors
- Hold a new visitors meet and greet two times per year to meet church leadership over lunch
- Observed members who are caregivers for spouse or loved one. Need is to care for the caregiver
- Gather as much information from experts and caregivers concerning needs
- Development of support group, resources or any other tangible way to care for those who are caregivers
There are 3 areas that need to be addressed in regards to community mindedness. These three areas revolve around awareness: Community needs to be aware of us, we need to be aware of their needs, they need to become aware of the gospel. Aware of us- do they know we exist?
- The profile of our church must be raised. To help with that we seek to develop a simple church design that communicates we exist and what we are about. This will not replace the CMA logo.
- Consistently update our social media and website
- Explore new technology and platforms to make us more widely known to reach a wider and expanding audience
- Conduct a technology training seminar to help our members use social media and our church app to get the most out of technology
- Get the church bell working
- Become a visible church within the community seeking to have a presence in community events such as Potato Festival, Balloon Festival or any other event in which the community gathers together
Aware of them- what are their needs?
- Conduct a 6 month study of the needs in our community pulling from county and city information and from people in the area
- Develop a partnership with Crestwood schools to help meet and support projects the school participates in
- Develop a sub-committee to identity the current support our church provides to the community and ways to improve our giving in the community (ex: giving to 4 C’s)
- Execute a bi-annual evangelism training for the church
- Provide adequate resources for church to distribute to neighbors
- Development of 1 day neighborhood VBS’s or backyard VBS within the community
- Recruit and equip workers to do effective gospel ministry in existing areas:
- Good News Club
- Juvenile Detention Center
- Potential ESL teachers
- Participate in raising up and sending out short term missions teams
- Become a sending church into the community and the world
- Development of Lighthouses: A lighthouse is a home committed to sharing the good news in your neighborhood through variety of ways.
- 2020 vision- 20 homes by 2020 praying and caring for our neighbors and seeking ways to share the gospel
- Hold 2 gospel outreaches at our church to invite family, friends and neighbors
- Long range goal of eventually launching another church
Psalm 127:1 Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders build in vain. As we plan and make goals we do it under the leading of the Holy Spirit. We seek to plan with the Lord, for His glory. Consider how to pray for the ministries of the church and how you personally can get involved!